Sunday, May 6, 2012

Introduction

Hello, all.

Since I did not tip anyone about this blog, you probably found this googling around, and since you do not know me, I might as well introduce myself. I’m a 28 year old Brazilian electric engineer, married and I have no kids as of yet. On this first post I’m going try to sum up what this blog is about. Around 8 months ago I dropped my Windows setup and started using Linux (the second post will tell this story with a bit more detail...) and I’ve been happier using a computer than ever before. What I’m primarily going to try to do on this blog is:

Post all my past, present and future experiences as a new Linux user and consequently try to help other Linux newbies and, who knows, maybe help some windows users to switch to Linux too. It’ll also help me to keep all my impressions and solutions to any Linux related problems documented. I’ll try to post as much details as I can (or remember).

Secondarily:

a) Since besides Linux I have other hobbies like reading, science (specially cosmology and biological evolution) and gaming on the Wii, etc, I might post about those too;

b) Although the official language in Brazil is Portuguese, I’m writing in English because I stopped studying it a few years ago and I thought that blogging would be a good way of practicing. Fellow Brazilians who do not speak/read/write English, I’m terribly sorry, but I’m not going to translate this blog to Portuguese.

On the first few posts I’ll try to describe how I started and the journey to where I’m at (concerning Linux, that is). I wish I had the idea of the blog sooner, as I can’t remember all the difficult and “easy” moments I experienced. I also have no screenshots to post from my past Linux experiences. I’ll try to do the best I can though.

Well, that’s it for the first post. On the next one, I’ll try to tell the story of why I ditched Windows and started using Linux in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment